Monday 25 June 2007

Conversations with Bundle – an uncommon dialogue

I may have mentioned Bundle’s enthusiasm for trains before.

Yes. Yes I have.

Anyway, one of his favourite features of his ever growing train set is the Cargo Drop Station, which features a big plastic arm with a magnet that, when pressed, drops a container into passing trucks. It also has a signal box, the windows of which have streaks on them which make it look like it’s raining. This will become important in a moment.

The cargo drop station is not quite as popular as the level crossing, but it has several advantages, including:
1. I haven’t had to glue it back together yet
2. Conversations like this….


Bundle: What’s this, daddy?

INC: Is that your cargo station?

Bundle: It’s my cargo DROP station, I think.

INC: I see

Bundle: It’s raining in the signal box, Daddy. That isn’t a good idea

INC: Raining inside the signal box. Oh no. The signalmen will get wet!

Bundle: No they won’t.

INC: Really? Why not?

Bundle: They have umbrellas.


Am I the only parent who gets halfway through a conversation like this, wonders where it is going, and then is still surprised by where it ends up?

I doubt it.

1 comment:

gigglewick said...

Nope, you're not.

Never understimate the power of the phrase (as you have used it here), "I SEE...." with a raised eyebrow to convey deep thought.

It's got me out of a lot of tight spots with Grizzlewick.