Thursday 17 June 2010

And I'm still not sure what was so upsetting about Rock & Roller Cola Wars...

Do you ever wonder what the kids get up to when you're at work?

Today's answer is that Cherub spent the morning breathing fire. First he ate some fire, then he breathed out, then there was fire all over the floor, but "luckily mum cleaned it up". Fortunately, even though he was standing on the carpet, that didn't get fired.

Bundle, who was at school while all this was going on, wasn't entirely sure that he should believe Cherub's account, so he asked a few questions. This went on for so long that I went and found a pen and started taking notes.

Bundle: You weren't really breathing fire, were you?

Cherub: Yes, I was. I'm telling the truth.

Bundle: How did you eat the fire?

Cherub: Well, first I got some fire from a dragon, then I ate it, and then I breathed it out.

Bundle: Well there are no dragons around here, so I don't believe you.

Cherub: Actually, I got it from a firefly.

Bundle: No. Fireflies only come out at night. They do not come out during the day.

Cherub: Well, this one did. Then it passed the fire on to a frog, and the frog passed it on to me, and I ate it.

Bundle: No, I don't believe you. I do NOT believe you.

Cherub: Well, that was just a conversation about fire that we had to have.

Bundle: No, I do not believe you. I do not.

Cherub: Okay, well, of course, I was tricking about the firefly and the frog. But I found some fire on the ground by myself. Well actually it was on the floor in the house, which isn't good.



They are in bed now, but I suspect that if I went upstairs, I would find that this conversation was still going.

No comments: