Monday 16 July 2007

Celebrate Good Times!

It's Misses I & O's 3rd Birthday today!



Yay! for I & O!



and also....



Yay! For Acton and MrB! For surviving 3 years of twinness!



I looked at them this morning, with their curly blonde hair all manic and Young-Einstein-like, with their identical blue eyes sparkling with excitement, and I just prayed a silent 'Thank You'.



He was right, I was wrong. Again. I spent the first couple of months of my pregnancy cursing Him, but He promises we won't ever have a burden we can't carry, and it's true. The girls, while occasionally being a little too boisterous and twinny to cope with, are a joy and a blessing.




It's amazing to watch them grow - despite being non-identical, they are exactly the same height and weight - their similarities are mystifying, their differences enlightening...



As they were opening their presents this morning, they each had one eye on what the other was getting, but there were no squabbles. They have learnt from a very early age to share, and to see them playing together warms the heart.



And now they are 3 - no longer babies, but Big Girls. All toilet-trained (except for mishaps such as our trip to Ikea this weekend - argh! always the way when you have a 90 minutes drive home!) and with very definite opinions on most everything. And an ability to express said opinions loudly, clearly and most forthrightly! (Miss O yesterday informed her father he was 'a meany. Stop being so bossy. I'm not happy with you')

Happy Birthday Curly Girls!

5 comments:

gigglewick said...

Ace! Happy birthday to the curly girls!

Congrats to YOU for surviving - hoorah for the resilience of families and what a time you have yet to come!

GW

I'm not Craig said...

Hooray and congratulations to everyone in the B household.

Surviving the terrible twos one child at a time is an achievement, with twins it must be a really big huge achievment.

I'm so glad that these two gorgeous girls have been a joy and a blessing to you, and I wish you many more wonderful celebrations of twinness.

Leilani said...

Hey, congrats. Mine turned four last month. Yesterday I got their kinder confirmation letters. I didn't feel remotely sad when the others started school - but I felt an unfamiliar twinge yesterday. Who would have ever thought I would develop feelings of...affection...for them?

meva said...

Happy happy birthday to the curly girls! And what gorgeous babies they were, too.

actonb said...

GW - thanks - I hope the resilience of our family manages to sustain the phenomenon of 4 adolescent females in the household at one time!

INC - It does feel like we've come through the storm. And I am rather partial to the 3 year old phase myself. They are such clearly defined little people at this stage!

Leilani - Hee! You have twins too? Do we have some secret handshake in this elite club?! I'm not sure how I'll feel having to send them off to school...

Meva - they were very gorgeous... And I will be posting a more updated picture (when I actually take one!) They were very... pink!