Thursday 2 August 2007

Some one left the cake out in the rain

For your reading pleasure, I present to you

Each and every birthday cake between ages 5 and 21
(as workshopped by Grizzlewick and his grandmother last night)

5 - banana cake with lolly bananas on it

6 – cricket bat cake

7 – traffic light cake

8 – “another train cake”

9 – square cake

10 – a bowl cake with lollies

11 – a milo cake

12 – a box cake of chocolate frogs

13 – a barbecue shape cake with shapes

14 - a “snot rod” cake

15 – cat shape with M and Ms

16 – lots of cup cakes

17 – football cake

18 – a hot rod cake

19 – light globe cake

20 – rubbish truck cake

21 – fish finger cake

I am intrigued by the notion of both "barbecue shape cake with shapes" and "a bowl cake with lollies". And why he wants a "light globe cake" is beyond me.

Whatever decisions he makes about changing cake fashion between now and then, there is simply NO WAY that he is not being presented with a "fish finger" cake at his 21st.





7 comments:

actonb said...

This post raises a umber of issues for me:

1) snot rod? que?
2) banana cake with banana lollies? Well obvs.
3) Is it bbq-shaped, or bbq shape-shaped?
4) How over typing 'cake' did you just get?

Feel free to address any or all of these questions... while leaving me to ponder precisely how you're going to make the fish-finger cake.

gigglewick said...

1. "snot rod" is a character from
the Disney movie "Cars".

2. yes. he doesn't like lolly bananes though, so I don't know whose idea that was.

3. I think it's BBQ shape-shaped. With BBQ shapes decorating it*

4. pretty over it.

It's either

a) regular cake decorated with fish fingers** or

b) giant rectangle cake crusted with crushed corn flakes or something to appear "fish-finger"-like***

* ew.

** EW!!!

*** Not the worst, but still EWWWW!

actonb said...

... and this is why I'm kinda glad I've got girls.

However feel free to ask me if I still feel this way when the full force of living with four adolescent females hits me...

River said...

My kids past favourites were the pink elephant cake, the piano cake, (white and dark chocolate for the keys) and the swimming pool cake with jelly babies in aniseed rings (to simulate tyres that we all used to float in.)

Enny said...

My youngest brother had the typewriter cake three times.

The third time I made it and I miscalculated the massive amount of butter for the icing - it didn't get eaten and he never requested it again (though his 21st is this year, so you never know!).

My middle brother always selected the cake that would also come with the largest amount of lollies - the train and the dumptruck come to mind.

gigglewick said...

AB,

Don't worry. I will.

River,

Piano cake! domestic goddessery!

Enny,

Your middle brother is possibly my psychic twin.

Thompsonukyu said...

We will discuss here the principle of operation of a dye-sublimation plastic card printer. Rubber plug covers prevent dust, dirt and debris from the main openings of the iPhone 4/4S, including volume controls, power button, and headphone jack. Are Samsung 3D Glasses SSG-2200AR As Good As Blick Compatible 3D Glasses?