Tuesday 3 April 2007

Adelaide

A few more highlights of the Adelaide trip.

Bundle and Cherub had a wonderful time with the swing set in the back yard of my sister-in-law's house, particularly when they sat facing each other and giggled endlessly. However, I sensed that Bundle was starting to long for more when we had this conversation towards the end of the trip:

Bundle: Where's the bouncy castle

INC: We don't have a bouncy castle here

Bundle: This is an old playground.


He gets away with this stuff because he has lovely manners. I'm not sure how many two year olds respond to the suggestion that they might like a bowl of cereal for breakfast by saying"Thank you, that would be wonderful". I was also impressed that when I gave him his breakfast he said "Thank you Daddy, that's very sweet of you"

Still on children and swings, I think that it was inevitable that, as the parent of a child named Cherub, I would eventually run out of sensible songs about swinging and end up singing a few choruses of "He's my Cherub Pie". Those who remember a rather similar song by Warrant will appreciate just how wrong that is.

4 comments:

Melba said...

i ADORE children with good manners, i really notice it, and i am stunned that your bundle not only says thank you so nicely, but follows up with praise and encouragement.

heart.

melt.

now.

gigglewick said...

SNORT! Cherub pie!

HAHAHAHAHA.

that makes me feel much better about Grizzlewick prancing around singing Franz Ferdinand's entreaty to alternative sexual practices, "Do you wanna".

Nai said...

You know, people pay good money for the genes that lead to such impeccable-to-the-point-of-gorgeousness manners. Just a thought...

Anonymous said...

I haven't previously caught up with this blog, but having just read this comment, I feel compelled to respond in very loud letters HE'S TAKEN!

I know you regularly hear wonderful things about Bundle and Cherub, so I will content myself with occasional comments...