Tuesday 10 April 2007

Dude I'm standing right here, part 1

The scene is a quiet Easter Monday afternoon, somewhere in the suburbs of Melbourne. There is an aura of domestic bliss lingering in the air. Honey Bear is heading out the laundry door with a basket of washing, INC is chopping onions for a truly amazing stir-fry. Bundle is apparently getting hungry.

Bundle: Can I have something, Mummy?

HB: (From outside) Go and see your daddy

[Bundle wanders into the kitchen, opens the cupboard door and stands inside]

Bundle: I'll just get something out of here and tell daddy to open it.

3 comments:

actonb said...

Hee.
They are so... focussed at this age!
I had the twins do that yesterday - pulled the biscuit tin out of the pantry and sit on the ground munching bikkies. I said 'hey! Who said you could have bikkies?' They sai 'Mummy did...' and continued munching.

Melba said...

loving the use there of the word "tell" rather than "ask"

he's got it down, dude.

gigglewick said...

Am I to surmise from this title that there are numerous tales of your kids ignoring your presence, INCraig?

Could be worse - the two most used words in my presence at the moment seem to be "mama-mama-mama-mama" and "why?"