Wednesday 20 February 2008

Information Night...

Yesterday evening I spent an hour in a hot and stuffy school library, cramming my slightly curvaceous arse into a teeny-tiny child size chair in order to discover that in an amazing break from tradition Miss H will this year be learning...

English!

and also some

Maths!

With a dash of PE! thrown into the mix.

Grrrrrr.......

I HATE primary schools. And primary school teachers*. Who are incapable of using correct grammar even when lecturing parents... Apparently, according to the principal (to whom I have actually complained) it's a 'generation thing' and there's not a lot she can do about it.

Grrrr......



* Except those primary school teachers who number among my friends, obvs. They don't count. Neither does Miss M's teacher from last year - he ROCKED.

6 comments:

I'm not Craig said...

I am very pleased, however, that your local primary school is adding excitement to the curriculum by teaching Maths! and English! and PE! This sounds like way more fun than the boring stuff like maths and English and PE that I remember from primary school.


You paint a vivid picture of exciting times ahead.

actonb said...

It was so damn exciting that it required a panel of 5, yes that's 5, teachers to give the presentation..

I may just through another grrr... in here if I may...

This is in lieu explaining all the different subsets of curriculum...

Melba said...

i don't go to the primary school info nights. it's just yada yada. i only go to parent teachers - when we get some meat. if you know what i mean.

worst primary school teacher spelling error i've seen that i can remember (ie there are others but i've forgotten):

editted.

yes, EDITTED.

franzy said...

I held a very good correspondence with a cousin of mine, until she began studying to be primary school teacher. Being a writer I was always picky about little things GRAMMAR and SPELLING, but seeing the wrong "there/their/they're" used by someone who is charged with shaping our nation's future made me too ancy...

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

meva said...

My cousin is a high school teacher. She once wrote a letter to me that contained the sentence "I doant now weather to stay their or not".

I now work in a Go8 university and let me say that in some faculties the grammar of the learned can leave a lot to be desired.

As an ex-primary school teacher, I am appalled. Or as my cousin might say, 'appled'.